Building Around a Graphics Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I kinda want a bigger harddrive that won't fail. and most of the harddrives I read on Newegg were flops for 1TB. If the RAM goes south on it I dont see why not buying something a little bit more expensive for better results.

The problem I see is that you are trying to pick the cheapest parts, but you are also choosing some really crappy parts. To be honest, cheapest does not equal what you want to buy. I am not saying to spend a grand or something, but a few extra bucks will make a world of difference all the way around.

PSU - The PSU is the heart of your PC. Going with a crappy PSU guarantees that you will have heartache later on when it blows and potentially takes out other components with it (been there, done that, got the t-shirt). Get a solid PSU that will last. This Antec is $50, but it won't let you down. CoolerMaster makes good cases but their PSUs suck.
Newegg.com - Antec EarthWatts EA-500D Green 500W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Mobo - Here is a better board for the same price:
Newegg.com - ASRock M3A770DE AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

Ram - This set is $10 more, but it is a great set. It is also PC1600 which is the native speed of the board I linked to above.
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

Case - Cases are a matter of personal taste, but I will tell you from experience that I will never buy another case with a door on it. With that said, take a look at these two cases. Bother are cheaper than the ase you picked out, Have three fans (vs two), and use 120mm fans (vs 80mm). Both use LED fans but do not have a side window.
Newegg.com - Rosewill DESTROYER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan, 1x Top 120mm Fan, 1x Bottom Fan
Newegg.com - Rosewill Smart One ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, Black interior, comes with three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, 1x Top 120mm Fan, Option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Hard Drive - Like patonb said, don't go with a Green for your OS. For $10 more you can get a WD Black witht he same amount of storage. The Black line offer faster speeds and a five year warranty.
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Thank you both Trotter and Patonb for the help. But if I may ask since I have almost let this die because I'm waiting on the parts to come in for my computer but How do I choose from a crappy producer and a good one ? I mean is it a hit and miss sorta thing or are there some really reliable companies that make some good hardware ??

Ok cool cool. I should have all of my specs and computer put together before the end of next week because I think one of my parts is stuck in going around in circles.

Sorry for double posting and THANKS Patonb and Trotter again for your help. The computer is now up and running. Looks like a full successful computer. I will see about posting pics or so soon.

Yha there is.. It's called PCI Express, or pci-e

Depends on your definition of deal and larger.

Theres currently 1T drives for like 60 bucks.

Which 1TB would you reccomend? I was looking at this...
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bare Drive

A good HD I've heard, Though it's not 1TB. I can't afford to spend anything more than that but would like a solid 1TB. Just dunno what a good brand is besides the WD Blacks.

EDIT: Lol I just posted the same HD Trotter did. I guess it is a good drive then, would still be interested in some 1TB's though.

Yha WD are great quality, and the black gives a nice performance for the dollar. Though if you neerd a terr drive, the blues not bad for speed either.

I got Seagates with 0 issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom