Building Around a Graphics Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what exactly would I have to look for to hold my certain gfx card ?? or is it just about any mobo would carry the gfx ?

And say I put the processor together with the motherboard last I knew or maybe I might be off but was there some sort of glue style liquid that I have to put on the bottom of the processor and push it together with the mobo ?

Pci-e has been the standard for about 4 yrs. So you would need to really look hard to find 1 that WOULD NOT work.

Youre sorta close on the cpu paste. The paste isn't to glue the cpu to the board. Its used to go between the cpu and fan setup to properly cool things.

That actually depends on the one you purchase. A retail one does, and an oem one doesn't.

The first one you selected actually didn't come with one, but all the ones i showed did.

It'll actually say what comes with it on the site. The paste actually comes with the setup, and is pre applied to the fan setup.

I actually haven't used the supplied fan in 5yrs. Theyre great for stock, but not if youre a tweaker.

You can watch youtube videos to see how computers are built up.

Feel free to continue on asking questions too.

So I know you need a case, harddrive, ram, mobo, cpu, psu, am I missing anything besides that ?? Cause I want to put this plan into action here shortly and have the parts ordered. I am guessing I will also need to buy a OS set disks as well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom