Rate the Wire Management Above You!

yeah I'm used to the power cable being a 4 pin xD

One thing you could do if you're really gung-ho about making that case clean is to fabricate something that would attach to the bottom of your case and the top by the PSU to put the wires through, so it would look just like a black box with all your cables going behind it. Basically like what the corsair 800d has on the bottom for the hard drive cage.

I don't think I'm gonna do anything more than cut some holes for the cables in the mobo tray. And i was thinking i would do that for a nice little winter project but now I'm thinkin i will just turn it into a spring project. Then i can spray the inside black while i have the case empty.

I redid mine today and it looks a lot better in my opinion. Turns out there was a vent to flip the PSU. :facepalm:

Before:
4596d1294293724-rate-wire-management-above-you-168305_182198771805381_100000457797364_540623_3494351_n.jpg

After:
SUC50012.jpg

SUC50013.jpg

SUC50015.jpg

How'd I do?

EDIT: Just flipping the PSU cut my GPU temps by 6c. I'm assuming it's because the fans aren't fighting each other.

Better, but still some work to be done.
Straighten up that gfx power cord, hide the molex connector underneath the HDDs better, ziptie the power cables coming out of the PSU together (and to the bottom of the case if you can). The rear exhaust fan can be rotated another 90 degrees counter clockwise too.

I redid mine today and it looks a lot better in my opinion. Turns out there was a vent to flip the PSU. :facepalm:

EDIT: Just flipping the PSU cut my GPU temps by 6c. I'm assuming it's because the fans aren't fighting each other.

Wow! I think I'm going to try flipping the PSU in my Antec 300.

Flipping the PSU made the cable management much easier! It should still stay cool enough in my case even though there is no vent in the bottom of the case. I have a fan mounted in the front on the very bottom, so should that be OK?

004upc.jpg

try to hide as many of the cables as you can in the hard drive bay. Unfortunately there's not much you can do with the case, as it's pretty small and bad for wire management until you cut it up a bit and get some holes in the tray.

There is about 1/2" of space underneath the PSU. It's not just sitting on the very bottom of the case, it's on legs. The front intake fan is also blowing right on it. I wanted to flip the PSU because its fan was interfering with the GPU fan, like Abstract Hero said.

Back
Top Bottom