A case, I do need

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
Hi all. Yes, I have the greatest case of all, the HAF 922! (IMO)

But here is quite a different scenario. With a HAF922, an Antec P180 Mini (Atom server) and my boombox underneath my table, I gets quite crowded down there.

What I am looking for is a "wall-mountable" ITX/MicroATX case. I have a drop-down on the back of my desk, that I could secure it to.

It needs to support my Intel Atom ITX board, and my 2 x 640GB 3.5" SATA drives. I do have another IDE HDD that I am currently using to boot Ubuntu, but I can play around, see if I can just get the OS installed on a SD/USB Flash drive. Or maybe I can get witty and just get cages for the separate components. Thoughts?

Also, I've seen those low profile PSU's, 60-200 Watts. Being that this computer currently pumps out ~50Watts max, I don't think I need an Antec Earthwatts (4?)300W. Just overkill. But I've seen they only have the 24-pin, 1 Molex, and one SATA. Maybe a 4-pin, too. I have a few molex to SATA cords, will that work great? Having no fan, it would be quieter. :thumbsup:

Since we're on the subject, do Atom CPU's NEED to be air cooled? Mine came with a little 33mm fan on it. You know how annoyingly loud that little thing can get? I did take the fan off and had a 120mm fan blow cool air onto it. I've seen some other Atom boards that were fanless. So, my hypothesis is that it does not need to be cooled, unless you are doing something more demanding with it, as gaming. Which I will not be.

So, all said and done, I'm looking at a max of $75. Cheaper the better. Little more won't bust my wallet, if it is really necessary.

Ask away! :)

Edit: Its's a D945GCLF2, now that I found the box.

Funny thing is, I was looking at that one, right after I posted this. Looks cool. :)

Edit: It only has 1 x 3.5" bay, but I can mess around with that.

Bump.

Is there like a HDD cage that I can install externally? Not like an enclosure, but something the drive can sit in, wires routing into the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom