need advice on gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing about getting 1600Mhz ram is, like the cpus before the 2xxx series, you'll have to set it up correctly yourself. Memory controller doesn't officially support it etc blah blah blah

I got this info from another website. I thought it was good info to share

Sandybridge maximum safe voltages

Core Voltage - Not recommended too exceed 1.38v, doing so could kill the CPU, we therefor recommend a range of 1.325-1.350v if overclocking.
Memory Voltage - Intel recommend 1.50v plus/minus 5% which means upto 1.58v is the safe recommended limit. In our testing we have found 1.65v has caused no issues.
BCLK Base Clock - This is strictly a NO, anyone using base clock overclocking could/will cause damange to CPU/Mainboard.
PLL Voltage - Do not exceed 1.9v!!

Processor - Basically we recommend customers not to exceed 1.35v to play it safe, all our bundles are set at 1.3250v or lower, any competitors offering bundles above 4.6GHz you should be enquiring as to what voltage they are using as we believe anything over 1.38v will limit CPU lifespan and anything over 1.42v will likely kill the CPU or severely limit its lifespan.

Memory - Intel recommend 1.50v plus/minus 5% which means 1.60v is the ideal safe maximum, but we have found in our testing all 1.65v memory is fine. We have also found most new 1.65v like Corsair XMS3 will run at its rated timings with just 1.50-1.55v which is well within Intel specifications. So people upgrading to Sandybridge you can still use your old DDR3, but we do recommend you run it at 1.60v or less. We are shipping most of our bundles which feature Corsair XMS at 1.50v-1.55v at rated timings. We've also discussed with Asus and MSI regarding voltages for memory and they also confirm in their testing 1.65v caused no issues with reliability.

Base Clock - To put it simple if you value the life of your components, do not overclock using base clock! (Set manually to 100)

PLL Voltage - Again do not exceed 1.9v!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone.

All the parts came I put it together, and I am lovin it.

I will post some pics soon

Here she is finished up

Ok here is the result from the advice I was given on this message board.

Once again Thank you all so much

I am curious, after installing windows 7, after some program installs and updates it would show a blank screen on boot.

I had to run system restore a few times and take my time with the updates, but I think she is pretty stable now.

Has anyone had this same issue with windows 7 giving bank screen on reboot.

Also it gave me a ranking of 5.9

Not really sure what that means

Nice one! Now you just gotta start some cable management. Tuck some of those cables away, behind the motherboard tray, under the 5.25" bays, etc.

Having some issues

Ok I am having some issues

Everything works well and I am extremely happy with this system

My last task was to install a second video card so that I could utilize s-video.

That would be all I needed this second video card to do.

I purchased a ASUS EN7500LE GeForce 7500LE 256 MB PCI Express video card

G72GS-PCIE-256-CO-unit.jpg

Now at first all went well I loaded drivers and enabled the card and I had svideo to my TV.

However on restart I got the windows 7 blank screen.

I had to boot in safe mode and disable the second card, so that windows 7 would boot to my desktop.

I figured I could just disable the card before a restart

Now when I enable the second video card to utilize s-video, windows 7 will just give me a blank screen. Then I have to boot in safe mode disable the second card so I can get back into windows.

I have tried reinstalling drivers, but to no avail.

Has anyone had this issue with windows 7.

I am at my roads end and do not know what to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions

I think its booting to your s-vid card.

Did you install the Nvidia drivers or from MSUpdates?

Check your BIOS settings... In mine there is a option to choose which video to boot too.

This can be done, theres just an odd setting.

I think its booting to your s-vid card.

Did you install the Nvidia drivers or from MSUpdates?

Check your BIOS settings... In mine there is a option to choose which video to boot too.

This can be done, theres just an odd setting.

I installed the nvidia drivers, and kinda figured it was doing the same as you stated

I also checked the bios to see if i could tell it to use the 460 but did not find anything

Then again this bios looks so different than what I am use to

Where would I check that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom