Hello everyone Building a PC for the first time and need HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should get the cables with the mobo, but it looks like only (1) SATA cable is included so you'll need an extra one of those.

I'm not really "up" on AMD systems so I won't advise you on a specific motherboard or it's possible performance. But I'm sure someone will be around with some AMD experience.

ok cool that will save me a couple of bucks by getting rid of that.
Some more of my concerns
1. cables needed?
2.Keep current motherboard or upgrade?
3.How well will this pc run FFxiv or warhammer 2? or can i not even tell yet?

1. When you buy everything, the motherboard, casing, and power supply should come with the cables you need

2. After looking at the specs, for gaming purposes I think that this motherboard will work fine for you.

3. Here are the minimum system requirements for Final Fantasy XIV, along with what your system will have once it is built -

CPU Speed
Minimum : Intel Core 2 Duo (2.0 GHz) / AMD Athlon X2 (2.0 GHz)
You will have: AMD Phenom II X2 @ 3.2ghz, meaning you exceed the minimum requirement for your CPU

RAM
Minimum: Windows XP: 1.5 GB or Windows Vista/7: 2.0 GB
You will have: 4GB, meaning you exceed the RAM requirement

OS
Minimum: Windows XP SP3 or Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit or Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit
You will have: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, meaning you meet this requirement. There really is no way to exceed this requirement so don't worry about it lol.

Video Card
Minimum: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600 series / ATI Radeon HD 2900 series or equivalent
You will have: Radeon 5750 1GB GDDR5 Graphics card, meaning you exceed the requirement for your video card.

-----

In summary, you will be able to play final fantasy xiv, and you will be able to play it smoothly. When I have some time I will edit this and add the minimum requirements for warhammer 2.

OK good deal. Thank you so much so far everyone it has been a huge help. Slaymate thank you also for taking the time and posting to my questions so fast.
The last 2 questions i have unless someone has any other ideas for me.
1.sata cables i know it sounds dumb but what ones do I need?
2.If I do any major upgrading in future is it better to have a good motherboard atm or wait till later.(to be honest for the most part the little gaming i will do i think this will work out great for me.

OK good deal. Thank you so much so far everyone it has been a huge help. Slaymate thank you also for taking the time and posting to my questions so fast.
The last 2 questions i have unless someone has any other ideas for me.
1.sata cables i know it sounds dumb but what ones do I need?
2.If I do any major upgrading in future is it better to have a good motherboard atm or wait till later.(to be honest for the most part the little gaming i will do i think this will work out great for me.

1. Each Sata cable is the same. There are also ones used for connections at an angle but unless you have to worry about space , I doubt that you will need to worry about that very much.

2. Personally, I doubt you will ever have to upgrade your motherboard for gaming purposes. Your motherboard is fine for gaming and it is unusual to have to change a motherboard for gaming purposes, even if it is an upgrade. When upgrading, the first upgrades to consider is your video card and your RAM. In my opinion, a Motherboard Upgrade would only be necessary if your computer was running drastically slow. That is really up to you though seems it is your computer.

ok sounds good to me. I will be going to town to price out some stuff and if it cant beat neweggs price ill be ordering my parts Saturday. Thank you again for everything.
Ok one more question lol on my motherboard it has one open pci express 2.0 x 16 slot that is for my V-card right? At times i dont think i should be putting this comp together but i guess i need to learn.
I am still open to any other ideas thanx again everyone.

ok sounds good to me. I will be going to town to price out some stuff and if it cant beat neweggs price ill be ordering my parts Saturday. Thank you again for everything.
Ok one more question lol on my motherboard it has one open pci express 2.0 x 16 slot that is for my V-card right? At times i dont think i should be putting this comp together but i guess i need to learn.
I am still open to any other ideas thanx again everyone.

Yes, that will be for your video card because that is the same type of slot that your card is, however there are other pci-express slots for different video cards. Your video card just happens to be for the PCI Express 2.0 x16 slot.

As for you being nervous about putting the computer together, that is completely understandable. It is a lot of money and you are probably worried about messing something up. Just remember that once you learn, you are actually going to save yourself a ton of money in the future when compared to the prebuilt systems...not only that but you have a wide variety of choices, and the prebuilt systems only offer you a few choices.

Also don't forget that you don't have to rush through building the computer. If you have any questions or concerns along the way, you can always ask us. :)

ok another question WINDOWS should i stick with windows 7 for system builders or go for windows 7 home premium?

From what I looked at on your first post, you are getting windows 7 home premium 1 pack for system builders OEM, correct?

This is Windows 7 Home Premium, but it is the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) with no additional software. This is what you would typically get when you are building a new computer. OEMs do not have any additional software which I personally think is a good thing.

I would not change to any thing different. Windows 7 Home Premium OEM for system builders is a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom