BEST LAPTOP UNDER $5,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

thescout

Solid State Member
I would like anyone or everyones humble opinion on a laptop. I am looking at getting one for graphics, website building, and media type applications. I am novice. I am willing to spend $5,000 or less for the laptop, anyone out there give me any advice? I like Dell. Idk...Ideas? Thanks.:umm:

For graphics? Get a Mac. If you are going to school for this, you will get accustomed with it. Get a MacBook Pro. What screen size are you looking for? 15" will probably be a good comparison from size to weight.

Sorry, but Macs have a bigger graphical performance over any Windows computer at that price range. You can get Office 2010/2011 for Mac. They all come with 4GB RAM, all you'll need. Apple is a very reputable company. They make many things from computers, mp3 players to cell phones.

I am no fan of Macs myself, but for graphic work, the Mac will give you the best performance than any Windows laptop.

Sorry, but Macs have a bigger graphical performance over any Windows computer at that price range.

MindoverMaster said:
I am no fan of Macs myself, but for graphic work, the Mac will give you the best performance than any Windows laptop.

I can't say how much I disagree with those 2 statements. I've worked for a Print Shop (Pre-Press) and a Sign Shop where most of the other employees used Macs. My PC ruled at both jobs, anything a Mac can do my PC can do better.

Guess that's just from my point of view. o_O

I always knew Macs to be the better end of graphics. But maybe nowadays, Intel/AMD is up to par with it.

Ignore me. :thumbsup:

If you're going to be moving the laptop around a lot (in a backpack or otherwise), I would say go with a MacBook Pro. They are very, very robust. But I have personally never handled a $5,000 PC laptop... So I guess I'm a little biased :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom