DVD Drive doesn't show anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

In Runtime
Help Please
I'm having problems with a LG DVD drive in Win 7 Pro 64 it started when I uninstalled the driver and rebooted.
When I reconnected the drive and booted,windows didn't recognize it and reinstall the driver now the drive does not show in the Post screen, Device Manager , Bios or Disk Management I ran sfc scannow command it found nothing wrong.
I've searched the internet and I tried a different a DVD drive, ribbon cable looked in the registry for the upper,lower filter fix (no upper or lower filters listed) I've tried to update the drives firmware I get a (Atapi Device can not be found) I don't where to go from here.
Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated

The Drive worked fine before this the reason for uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, it was keeping the computer from shutting down properly.
Thanks TKF

Desolation Thats what I was thinking so I tried a different Drive and Cable still nothing

Mindover,Lex,Desolation Thanks for the help, sorry for the late reply its a IDE DVD drive I'm dealing with systems HD is a sata drive,
Since my last post I've tried the drive and cable on another system, and worked OK, reinstalled it and still not showing anywhere after hardware scan.
I'm guessing something in OS or is corrupt, just don't know where to go from here to troubleshoot further
I'm planing to reinstall the OS just need to get the drive working to reinstall.
Thanks again for the help
TKF

Problem Solved for now :D
Resetting the CMOS did the trick and put all cd-dvd listings back in there places
I got a sata DVD on the way, just in case. Now to find out what corrupted it.

Thanks for all the help and suggestion
TKF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom