First build ISO quick answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snathan

Beta member
Hey guys! Sorry about this being my first post and all, but I've been lurking this forum for a few weeks now and I think I'm ready for my first build. I plan on building a budget gaming computer and will probably have plenty of questions for you guys.

I don't have much money for this rig, so I'll be hunting for any deals I can possibly get. Newegg has a Shell Shocker deal for a MSI 880GMA-E45 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard and G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBN for about $75. It seems like a really good deal and a nice starting point for my setup. What do you guys think? Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

What's your budget, and what do you want to do with the computer? Answer those and we will see what we can find for ya.

;)

I like the bundle posted by MindoverMaster. The AMD Black editions are great for gaming and Newegg reviewers are always boasting about it's overclocking abilities. Price for it alone is quite fair for such a nice CPU as well.

The Motherboard seems to work with some more than others by what I read on Newegg. Problems like BSOD (which I'm not sure if that was related to the motherboard) and randomly failing ports and components, and apparently does not recognize AMD Phenom II X6 CPU's without a new firmware flash (though the CPU in this bundle is a x2 so that wouldnt really be an issue for you unless you plan to upgrade it one day, and even so you can flash on the current CPU). The MB looks and seems nice but with reviews like that it wouldnt be the first one I'd buy.

But with either this bundle or the same CPU with a different motherboard, you have a good start, just keep looking for good deals that are compatible with the system you are building.

Also found these cases that peeked my interest...

Rosewill case - Newegg.com - Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

CoolerMaster Case - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

I am also eager to build my first computer as soon as i get up enough funds to do so :thumbsup:

The only problem with the bundle is that it is a dual core. That's fine, but a quad would be a better choice.

Well I was hoping to spend around $600ish. I already have a monitor and keyboard and stuff. If j have to spend a little more I can probably swing it. I am open for just about any suggestions though.

Unless you wanna go with Linux for awhile, the OS will add another $100+ to the price. Can get an OEM version of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on newegg for $99.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom