winter pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lrr

Baseband Member
How stupid would it be to put my computer out side for the winter?
I am in Minnesota so we have about a 17F average temp day and always below 0F at night.
Would I be stupid putting my computer outside and running all the cables inside? what with condensation and the sort.

if you put it in a room and left the windows open then the cold air would enter and your moisture problem should be fine... perhaps in a garage then run cables into another room... i dont know perhaps it is just a bad idea.

come on man, that's a pretty damn easy answer right there...did you really even have to post? It's only water that's completely filling the outside air...you might as well ask if it's stupid to put your motherboard in the bathtub with cold water running.

Some guy just posted a pic he had with basically drier tubing going from the side of his case to the outside of his window...try something like that although still you'd get vapors and you would might want to look into some sort of filter and not just have outside air go straight into the side of your PC

What is wrong with water vapors, it cant be any different than humidity in the summer.
There's a difference between 'humidity in the summer' and then blatently putting your PC in a water filled environment that is known as winter.....I mean hey as long as there's no moving snow or rain then I'm sure you could set your computer outside or put it in a cold ass garage like leonidas said, that'd work....but for the most part I am not going to suggest to anyone to put a PC outside muchless during winter....

Also it's only humid during summer depending on where you live and the water vapor is different. It's two different types of phases....humidity is a result of water evaporating, the water during winter is water reaching a cold point and freezing (obviously) so winter vapor would in essence be 'thicker' I believe....

But he says he lives in Minnesota and I know it's not sunshine there so I know there's gotta snow and lots of cold water vapor flying around.....

Aright then I changed my mine...put it outside and post back.....if you can :p

minnesota is a strange state in the summer it is one of the most humid places in noth america except maby florada (it seems). as for winter yes there is a fair aount of snow but winter here is not the wet "snow ball" kind, it is the walk out side and the 'mucis' in your nose frezes. and it seems that all the "humidity" has frozen. but of course El Nineo has made things here more mild *sigh. but dose a hot thing in a cold enviroment act the same way as a cold thing in a hot envroment ie condensation?
we do get wicked condensation here in the summer you can get more water from the outside of a cold glass of water then in the glass itself. deserts are better in the summer. sereosly ive been to baja mexico 120F there better then 75F w/humidity here (MN)
i coud duckt it but my case would blow out very cold air and it wouldnt be very economical as far as gas/heat goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom