i5-760 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did some testing and it wasn't stable (pass 3 runs of burn test @ std. stress) @ 4 GHz until I set the vcore to 1.40v. That is higher than I am comfortable with...I adjusted the IMC from 1.2v up to 1.4v. and the DRAM to 1.65v, but there was no difference.

The temps reached as high as 73*C, which isn't too bad for that voltage..??

I might have to settle for 3.8 GHz, but I will wait to hear what you guys have to say.

73c is quite normal for air cooling and that voltage actually. I wouldn't mess with the RAM to much unless you absolutely want to run 2000mhz. What you can do to keep your RAM at stock is lower the RAM multi so you can raise the bclk to up the CPU frequency.

I seem to be somewhat stable at 4 GHz now with the vcore @ 1.325. In my previous attempts, I forgot to set the Load-Line Calibration to Enabled.

Only thing is, my max temps reach 79*C. Hopefully I can lower the vcore and get the temps down. While they might be OK, they are a bit over my comfort zone.

EDIT: I blue screened at 1.31250 volts, so now I know my lower limit.

Also, what should I bet setting the IMC volts at? Maybe I have it set wrong...

Since I always kept mine at auto I really don't know. Later today I will be getting my second 465 so I will be shooting for 4.4ghz on the CPU with a redone water loop. I'll take the IMC off auto and let you know my results. (4.4ghz for me = 2200mhz RAM on 2000 kit)

80c is a bit high for that voltage. I think you may want to settle for 3.8ghz to lower the temp unless you have an attitude like me........which is meh. (can't say what I really wanna say)

Alright well I'm rock solid at 3.8 GHz with max temps of 67*C (15 passes of burn test @ max stress).

Vcore: 1.25
IMC: 1.16
DRAM: 1.50

I'm not sure why I can't hit 4 GHz if I can hit 3.8 GHz @ 1.25v, but 3.8 isn't so bad.

If my chip just isn't meant for 4 GHz, then I will be happy with a 1 GHz increase...

Edit: I had to bump Vcore to 1.26250 and the IMC to 1.20.
After more testing, it crashed at the previous voltage.

I still only hit max temps of 70*C.

Some chips just have a wall that requires alot of voltage for a small jump. This was a problem I had with my old X2 4200+ on S939 which I never could cross due to cooling issues. You could probably do 4ghz with a better cooler, but better to keep temps safe.

Is it safe to say that I'm stable?

Vcore: 1.26250
IMC: 1.20
DRAM: 1.50

Thanks guys!

91236201.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom