computer wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desolation

In Runtime
well im working on a friends computer i did some cable management and moved a few things around. i go to turn it on and nothing happens.

first thing i did was check the the psu and make sure it turned on that was fine then i tried hooking everything back up.

still no go, one thing i noticed is when i hooked the power cable up to the back the light on the front turned on before i even hit the power button but nothing else.

is it a dead motherboard or could it be something else

this is the first time ive had this happen outta the 35 computers ive worked on im stumped

At least it's not yours this time, Desolation. :p

Can you try a different PSU? While it may turn on, it might not be pushing out enough power.

triple check all your cables. Did you run some of the cables under the motherboard? Try disconnecting the drives and components one at a time.

yeah at least its not mine lol but i finally figured out whats wrong with mine bad graphics card.

and no i cant try another psu dont have a spare one on hand just sold all my spare parts

i ran a few cable behind the motherboard tray just the front panel connectors i guess ill try unhooking everything again and moving all the cables

but im almost certain its a dead mother board i kinda find it strange the hard drive light just stays on steady and nothing happens when the power button is pressed doesn't even turn on at all.

Maybe you have the hdd led plug on backwards? possibly power btn too? See if you can turn it on with just a flathead screwdriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom