Computer hanging when moving files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molsen1

Solid State Member
I've been having this problem for a little while now and have gone through many different steps to try to fix this, but a good example of whats happening just came up so I thought I would ask here.
I was just transfering a file to Dropbox while I was playing music, and while the file was transferring the music I was playing from Zune was unlistenable with the amount of freezing it was having.
Since I've been noticing small problems with my computer, I've gotten both a new HDD and motherboard from RMA's, and have tested my memory with MemTest and no problems show up there. Which only leaves a few things left that could be the problem, CPU, video card, or maybe PSU?
My computers specs are:
MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum - main board
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ CPU
G.Skill DDR2 Ram 4gb
Western Digital 750gb HDD
Rosewill 600 watt PSU
Windows 7 Pro 64bit

It's not the newest computer out there but I feel that I should be able to transfer a file while listening to music with no problem, so there must be something wrong somewhere.
Thanks in advance for any help!

It could be a software/driver problem. Have you installed the newest chipset drivers?
NVIDIA DRIVERS 15.51 WHQL

It could be caused by any program, app or service that is using an excessive amount of cpu cycles or memory bandwidth.

Ok thanks, I'll look into that, also I forgot to add my computer's video card onto my specs list.
I have a nvidia geforce 8800 gts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom