Hardware bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, opinions and information is always appreciated. I know what you're saying and I do see microsofts point of view...to a degree.

However, there needs to be a certain degree of flexibility in these things, do you honestly think that my $50 garage computer that gets used once in a blue moon to search car repairs should have to buy a new OS because the mobo crapped out and I had to replace it with a junker I got off ebay? Pooey on that! I'm just saying that you can't broad stroke all situations/scenarios with one policy. IF Microsoft implemented the policy as you are stating, to the letter, that's a money grab at the expense of the every day consumer IMHO.

To follow that logic further, if I peice off my mobo and cpu and pick up these upgrades what would happen to the copy of windows 7? Garbage? Or am I only "allowed" to sell that if packaged with my mobo? So they would expect me to toss my $150 OEM copy and either buy another $150 OEM or buy their $300 retail version? Come on now...honestly tell me that seems fair to you coming from a multi-billion dollar organization to the everyday blue collar worker.

Having said that, in my house I have 6 functioning computers that are all running legit copies of Windows 7 or XP (helps having a family member at Microsoft). But that's over $1000 in OS's at OEM prices. Once again: Pooey on that!

Anyways, that's my 2 cent rant from under my little rock. What do you guys think about this possible upgrade options:

mobo: Asus p8p67 Pro
RAM: NCIX.com - Buy G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333 CL9-9-9-24 Memory - F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL In Canada.
or
NCIX.com - Buy G.SKILL F3-12800CL8D-8GBRM Ripjaws PC3-12800 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 CL8-8-8-24 1.6V Memory Kit - F3-12800CL8D-8GBRM In Canada.

Keep in mind I'll be OC'ing, even if it means voiding the intel warranty :p

Enough is enough. Plain and simple here is the bottom line and final answer. You dont like the policies put in place by Microsoft, dont use their product. Being vocal cause you think that they are only in it for more money is not going to get you anywhere. They are a worldwide company and have salaries to pay as well as a business to run. Name 1 business that is not out there to make money. You cant cause there isnt one. If you dont like the fact that you cant game on other platforms with the games you want, go whine to those developers who are not making the games for these other platforms. It has nothing at all to do with Microsoft or Windows policies.

The EULA and TOS are clearly laid out. We also have places on our site here that outline them. You agree to follow them then you have no one but yourself to blame when you have to purchase another license. You agreed to the terms. Not anyone else but you did that. Blaming a business cause they are trying to make money only makes you look silly. Blizzard didnt create Starcraft 2 cause people wanted it. They did it cause they knew they could make money off of it. Same reason they are making Diablo 3 and same reason why WoW gets yearly expansions. You continue to support them without complaints.

There doesnt have to be any flexibility at all. Either agree and use the product or dont and find an alternative. There is no choice but those 2. Like it or not. Enough of the bashing.

Thanks Mak213, I appreciate you weighing in on the subject. As an admin I respect your call and will make this my last post on this subject. I apologize for offending you, that was not my intention, I was infact really enjoying the conversation with Digerati who is obviously well versed in the subject and was being very respectful of my opinion despite not agreeing with me. He could have easily just started flaming me for being ignorant but instead decided to have what I though was an informed back and forth discussion. To be honest, this was the best online discussion I've had in a while and I've come out of it with some good information that I did not have a couple of days ago and a lot of respect for a fellow poster here at Tech-Forum.

Unfortunately, I guess I picked the wrong forum in which to question the ethics of Microsofts licensing policies, I guess I should have checked around before posting my opinion on the subject, I did not know it was a taboo subject. I tried to so without being disrespectful but I guess that didn't come across in my posts and for those I've offended I apologize again.

Enough is enough. Plain and simple here is the bottom line and final answer. You dont like the policies put in place by Microsoft, dont use their product. Being vocal cause you think that they are only in it for more money is not going to get you anywhere. They are a worldwide company and have salaries to pay as well as a business to run. Name 1 business that is not out there to make money. You cant cause there isnt one. If you dont like the fact that you cant game on other platforms with the games you want, go whine to those developers who are not making the games for these other platforms. It has nothing at all to do with Microsoft or Windows policies.

The EULA and TOS are clearly laid out. We also have places on our site here that outline them. You agree to follow them then you have no one but yourself to blame when you have to purchase another license. You agreed to the terms. Not anyone else but you did that. Blaming a business cause they are trying to make money only makes you look silly. Blizzard didnt create Starcraft 2 cause people wanted it. They did it cause they knew they could make money off of it. Same reason they are making Diablo 3 and same reason why WoW gets yearly expansions. You continue to support them without complaints.

There doesnt have to be any flexibility at all. Either agree and use the product or dont and find an alternative. There is no choice but those 2. Like it or not. Enough of the bashing.

Again, I'm sorry for the bashing, I didn't intend for it to come across that way. I simply wanted to question it, as a paying customer of 6 legit copies I figured I was entitled to that much at the least. Digerati was simply being good enough to debate it with me, never was I out simply with the purpose to bash them.

Thanks for the understanding.

Ren89…signing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom