motherboard fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please see my updated post. While you can run memtest i'm starting to believe you may have an integrated graphics card on the MB. As for running memtest google it - all the information is out there you need. You download the OSI, you burn it to CD using something like infrarecorder then you boot to the CD.

No there is no intergrated graphics on the motherboard. The only graphics it has is the GTX 8800 card.

I can't keep up with all of these acronyms. I use an OSI website about 10 times a day at work so i get the two mixed up.

I have just ran the crucial memory tester online and this is the result.

System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
System Model: NFORCE 680i SLI
Motherboard Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Motherboard Model: NFORCE 680i SLI

* Maximum Memory Capacity: 2097152 MB
* Currently Installed Memory: 4096 MB
* Available Memory Slots: N.A.
* Total Memory Slots: 4
* Dual Channel Support: N.A.
* CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
* CPU Family: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz Model 15, Stepping 6
* CPU Speed: 2666 MHz

This seems to say that it has detected all the sticks?

I can't believe this discussion is still going. Your system is working and reporting just as it should. You have 4GB installed and it is all being recognized, your version of Windows just can't use it all. Your version of Windows has a 4GB limit and that limit includes all the memory in your system including your video card and every other component that may have some memory (as in your sound card, cpu, even some keyboards and mice). Even Windows itself will allocate some of your memory for special purposes and this allocated memory will no longer be shown as available.

Adding more memory will do nothing.

Upgrading your memory to a faster speed will only give you a mild improvement at best.

This Thread is CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom