512MB/60GB/DVD-SuperMulti/Mdm/LAN/Wi-Fibg/WinXP Home

HD Tune: IC25N060ATMR04-0 Benchmark

Transfer Rate Minimum : 14.0 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Maximum : 27.1 MB/sec
Transfer Rate Average : 21.6 MB/sec
Access Time : 17.7 ms
Burst Rate : 78.8 MB/sec
CPU Usage : 1.6%

seems a bit slow, 17.7 ms access time... shouls be closer to 8/10.
what type of HD do you have?

ok, so for a laptop that is not bad. I was assuming you are using a Desktop. The 4200 RPM of the laptop drive is what is keeping the speed down. Anyway, for laptop hardware, it's not too bad. Is there a problem or something?

There really isnt a problem except that for the money and what the salesman told me I thought it should be faster.
The program I am using is HD Tune 2.00 Hard Disk Utility
Would I see more speed if I put more memory in ????? Like another 512 or even 1 gig. It is expandable to 1.5 gig

ram is the #1 thing for upgrading in systems as far as I am concerned, get another 512 and youll be laughing

The access time that was on there I believe was the time for the HD access which adding RAM would have no effect on...that all depends on the speed of the HD....now if you're talking about loading applications and such things as that you'll notice a difference in speed. Like opening IE, opening and closing applications in general really.

Well its still pretty good for a laptop. i never expect a laptop to keep up w/ a desktop unless it was an alienware or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom