Ram for ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbhover

Solid State Member
Hello, I'm buying a ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 mobo and was planning on only sticking 2 4gb sticks of ram in it for now and maybe adding another 2 later.

Now I'm thinking I'll see if I can spend an extra $50 bucks or so and I might try to get two 4gb sticks so I won't need to upgrade for a long time, and also when I do I can add two more 4 gb sticks and max out the mobo....

They problem I'm having is that ASUS only lists like 2 different 4gb sticks of ram for this board under they recomendations.

Does anyone have experience with this board and certain 8gb sticks that will work with it with no problems???

Thanks for the help!!!

Yep thats the mobo, but I've been reading reviews for the board and have seen several people say that they've got 1333 ddr3 ram that wasn't on the QVL and it didn't work. I was just wondering if anyone with one of these mobo's have tried other 4gb rams besides KINGSTON KVR1333D3E9S/4G, KINGSTON KVR1333D3N9/4G, and SAMSUNG M378B5273BH1-CH9. Or does anyone have any good experiance with any of these.

Newegg has the two kingston rams but not the samsung:
Newegg.com - Kingston ValueRAM 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1333 Server Memory Model KVR1333D3E9S/4G

Newegg.com - Kingston 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9/4G

Thanks again for all the help!!!

there are too many different sets of ram out there for the manufacturer to test each one, and list it on the qvl. as long as you pick a set that's atleast within the mobo's spec, there's a good chance it'll work fine. but yes there are always a couple duds that will pop up somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom