Advice on LCD 1080p TV for gaming monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan1784

In Runtime
Hey everyone,

I was just curious what a good choice would be in a 1080p LCD TV for a gaming monitor... I've got a 24" Acer right now that I only use at 1080 anyway...

I've been looking online but can't find anything up to date on this... Not sure if I should be looking at 720p vs 1080p, 60hz vs 120hz, LCD vs LED, etc...

I'm looking for something in the 32" to 42"... Obviously I'd like to keep it on the cheaper side but as of right now price doesn't matter...

Does anyone have and suggestions? Words of wisdom on this matter?

Any help would be much appreciated...

Thanks all...

in the size you're looking at you'd be crying if you bought a 720p tv. The image quality would be trash. Go with a 1080p tv, in terms of the hertz, this article has a lot of good info both in hertz and in other info that would be good to know about 60Hz vs. 120Hz vs. 240Hz vs. 480Hz - LCD Response Rate.
If you have the money to spend, I'd buy an LED tv over an LCD tv for a couple reasons. First off the brightness and picture quality is inherently better with LED, secondly and thirdly some minor bits are the weight is less in an LED as well as the energy costs are less. Two minor things, but I think they are valid options to think about.

Look through that article as it has some recommendations about TV's. Also Sony and Samsung's pannels are made by the same company in the same factory so the difference is minimal. Tv's are such a big deal now that consumer reports generally does a lot of reviewing on them and i find that their tests are pretty solid and give you a very good idea of where TV's line up, so hit up your library and check out some of their tv articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom