Headphones not working windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny30

Beta member
Hi guys for some reason my headphones just stopped working on my computer. It's been 2 days now and it's driving me nuts. When i plug it in i get a message at the bottom bar saying " Information You just plugged a device into the audio jack" and yet no sound is coming out. It isn't the headphones, as I've tried multiple pairs. When i open the Realtek Audio HD manager I have HDMI Output, Digital Output, Speakers, and Microphone as headings, but no headphone heading. I've made sure the volume is on....I really don't know what else to do. Help please! D:

Is this a front port you are connecting to? Do you have the cables for it correctly connected to your motherboard? That would be set to speakers, as you are using the same jack as it.

Sorry not to great with computers. I'm not sure what you mean by front port. I also checked to see everything was connected and it was. There are 3 slots that I can put my headphones into that all used to work. Umm...if this will help at all this is what my sound manager looks like, hopefully it comes out in a good size ;p:
sound.png

Neither. It's on the side panel of the laptop, like beside where you put CDs into on most computers. But if you mean which slot, I put it in the first one.

Never knew you were on a laptop.

Any reason why your volume is all the way down? Could be the reason you don't hear anything. Doesn't look muted.

Oh, I only had it at 0 because i didn't need it on at that point. I'm thinking of sending it to a computer repair store nearby, but i don't want to spend $50+ just to find out it was something that was easily fixable by myself, which is why I'm posting here. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom