Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering just how big the Kindle actually is? All I see is that it has a 6" screen. Is that 6" diagonally? I see it has a Settings Option, what settings can you change? I'm wondering about the resolution, can it be changed so that I don't need to use reading glasses? What is the Experimental Option about? I see it comes with a Dictionary, is is unabridged?

I'm not trying to be mean but it seems like your just telling us about the features your interested in. For this type of an item you should write a review from the perspective of a complete novice, which I am about the Kindle. I've never seen a Kindle, all I know is that it's suppose to replace the book. I can't say that I've learned anything from your review.

Would like to add:

The device itself is just under 19cm long and 12.5cm wide and is roughly .5cm thick. As for weight, it comes in at about 8.7 ounces.

There are a ton of different settings, including device e-mail (allows you to e-mail books to your device), Voice Guide (allows you to navigate your kindle via voice), You can set a password, view all your device info, turn wifi on and off, view your highlights and even share them on facebook or twitter.

The experimental option includes prototypes and beta's Amazon is looking at adding to the device. The one currently available are Text to Speech, and MP3 Music Player, and a Web Browser. Through the experimental option you can test these features and provide feedback.

Two full dictionaries come on the device and they include, The New Oxford American Dictionary and the Oxford Dictionary of English. You can navigate these page by page or by a simple search.

If you are of the hard of seeing when it comes to small print. The kindle offers a huge variety of text sizes that are editable by the touch of a button. There are eight different text sizes ranging from really small, to a few words a page big. In the interface used to change the font height, you can also change the type face from "regular" to "condensed" or "san serif". On top of that, there are three different options for line spacing as well ranging from small to large. The last item through this particular option is screen rotation. you can set your text to view horizontal or vertical depending on how you like to hold it.

You can also sync the device to your kindle account online, and they will automatically download. This is great if you want to sync the books on your kindle with your ipad, iphone/itouch or android phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom