Is overclocking needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inked

In Runtime
I just got my new GTX 570 and I am curious it my i7 is bottleneckin it, and I also feel as

if my ram isn't performing as fast as it should. My 920 is at stock speeds and every time

I try to set my ram to 2000mhz my computer won't boot. I have a decent heatskin

(Thearmaltake Venom). So would I benefit a huge amount if I were to OC it?

definitely not. With the exception of the sandy bridge and gtx580's you've pretty much got the top of the line stuff, which isn't really tested by applications out there now. Unless you're doing CAD or gaming on a couple 30" monitors you won't see much tangible speed increases by OC'ing. You'll really only see improvements in games or in benchmarks.

Thanks, but would I have to OC my CPU to get my ram to run at 2000mhz, I find it kinda pointless to have fast ram if your not using it.

You won't notice anything real with tri-channel over 1600mhz. Yes, you would need to OC your i7 to reach 2000 but it's not practical.

Answer 2, yes you're bottlenecking the 570 if your running your CPU at stock speeds.

So my stock 920 is bottlenecking my 570. What would I have to run my CPU at to make it not bottleneck, because I have little to no knowledge of OC'in.

What are you using to cool your cpu? The stock heatsink or an aftermarket cooling solution? You need to post some screenshots of CPU-Z (all the tabs) and a screenshot of HWMonitor after it's been running ,in the backgroud, for at least an hour of heavy computing.

I'm at school right now so I can't post screenies, but I have a Thermaltake Venom, which I believe is similar to the TRUE if I can remember correctly.

This is all the requested info. I ran LinX for an hour, because none of my games were

enough stress (30% and less). If something else is needed let me know.

Thanks, InKeD

cpuzu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom