Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extreme112

In Runtime
I have a computer with a geforce 7350 LE graphics card. When I tried a Call I'd Duty demo(think it was world at war, demo starts at a snowy place) the game is all slow and choppy, even the cusur was hard move. This also happens with the Brothers in Arms Hells Highway game. I have 2gig ram and can run Call of Duty 4
fine. So do I need to upgrade ram or card?

Most definitely the graphics card, although your CPU could be hampering you as well.

Post your computers specs or give us the make and model and we can see what's up. Also, give us your budget (if you have one) and we will see what we can find to fit it.

The hp website said your PSU is 300w so if you buy a new graphics card, your gonna need a new PSU.

Their are tons of combos from Newegg.

$100 prob wont get you far. if you need a graphics card and PSU.

But i bet the people here could find something solid in the $150 range for ya.

Does newegg ship to Canada? They have a great selection and I was thinking of buying there. Also if a product doesn't work how easily will I be able to return it. So basically what I'm asking is how is their customer service?

Yeah. To get a decent GFX card you will need a solid PSU which will run at least $55 for Antec and a lot more for Corsair. Then you are looking at a card that will run around $100 as well.

I guess i have a couple more question.

1. I guess I'm worried that if I buy a new PSU certain connector pins might not fit into the other comPonents because my Pc is a few years old. Should I be worried?

2. Are PSU's all the same size?

1. Everything is standard in desktops. You will have a 20/24 pin main connector, a 4/8 pin motherboard connector, SATA connectors (on newer PSUs), molex (four pin) connectors, GPU 6/8 pin connectors, possibly a floppy connector and maybe a fan header or two. That covers everything.

2. Again, they are by standards. An ATX PSu will be basically the same size across the board. Some may be a tad longer (for high wattage PSU's), but the width and height will be the same. The same goes for mATX PSU's. Some special cases and old computers use specialized PSu's, but I seriously doubt you will be running into that.

I put a new 550watt corsair PSU into my HP m8226x - it was easy - so no worries there. Although I have returned 2 AMD GPU cards ( 4000 series) due to them not working well with the system- don't know why. So playing battlefield, etc. using an older 8600gts card still. Maybe a driver issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom