Is there help for lost image data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calendula_2011

Beta member
Hi;

I wonder if you can give me any suggestions on if and how it would be possible to recoupe lost data?
I relocated all my documents and pictures from my full C: drive to my second Harddrive D: and in the shuffle managed to loose about 12 pictures (files) from my Christmas folder. I don't know how that could have happened but have a faint idea on how it might have happened. After all my C: contents was transferred over to D: I then proceeded to load my newly taken photos to D: Storage. The pics did not position itself right where I wanted them to so I copied and pasted them to the desk top and then dragged them back. ,,,, the story is lenghty,,, I have to admit I was very un-techy about it :umm: and finally was just glad that I did not loose the whole file. However, a day later I noticed that I had some 12 pictures missing and I did about 4 searches through my D: file without evail. I did see the pics after loading in my folder it is only after I tinkered with the folder back and forth when I lost those pictures. I find it ironic though that I lost only the last 12 pictures from the file the preceding ones "arrived just fine". I did only ever move the folder and never moved them seperately.
Can you recommend a "Data recovering software" that does not cost an arm and a leg that could be of help? Thank you for your time in advance.

Calendula

Thanks; I have the sinking feeling that there is not much out there that would help. I would not mind buying a recovery software but the one I looked into (which advertised it was free) was not really. You had to buy a bunch of stuff to receive it free and after that you still don't know if you got yourself into more trouble then you care for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom