New to overclocking. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PositiveKaram

In Runtime
I've had my PC for a while now, but I wanted to try some different stuff. Not sure if it's considered overclocking, but is there a way to time my RAM differently with my Motherboard to increase performance?

Best regards,
Mike

You should be able to. I can't find a EVGA listing for a E855-KR so I have no idea exactly what settings you have. Can you give me a link to the manual (.pdf) and it would help if we knew exactly what memory you have and what your using to cool the cpu. You also need to post a screenshot of all the tabs in CPU-Z and a screenshot of HWMonitor (after it's been running in the background for a hour of heavy use or stress testing is even better).

prime95 is a good stress tester, along with superpi. what you'd want to to increase your ram is go into the Frequency/Voltage Control Menu in your bios, then go to the memory settings, then from there you can increase the frequency which is just like increasing the clock speed of your cpu. Increase it bit by bit and if it doesn't boot increase the voltage, same would apply if you want to lower the timings (which would increase responsiveness).

As a side note, you probably won't see too much increase in performance as it will be minimal, and the amount of ram matters in most tasks more than the speed of your ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom