Some Advice A Laptop With A Dead LCD Backlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasey

Solid State Member
So I am getting this Lenovo T-61 series laptop and the backlight on the lcd is dead, and there's no way I am buying a new LCD so I took a cord from a monitor to my desktop and hooked it up and it works great so everything works. I hooked up a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse so it's basically another desktop. My question is that I have a 220 Gig internal hard drive and I thought about installing it because atm it only has a 60G hard drive. So anybody know how I would go about doing that? And my last question is when I restore it if I should install Windows 7 or XP? It has 2 G intel core duo processor and 2 gigs of ram. And should I totally just take the lcd off? And if I should do that is it easy or hard and how would I go about doing it.

Sorry that this has been a run off bundle of questions, if you could help just answer whatever you can. Thanks :thumbsup: :sweat:.

If the 220Gb drive you have is 2.5" not 3.5" then all you need to do is undo a panel on the bottom of the laptop and swap the drives over.

If you've got copies of both XP and 7, I'd actually use XP simply because there's probably more driver support for that OS on such an old machine.

If you want you can take the LCD screen off, yes. You'll probably need to remove the laptop keyboard and front bezel/panel to get to the screws that hold the screen on.

Thanks for the advice, I actually found a whole video of how to take the LCD off and everything on the Lenovo training website a couple minutes ago :).
Anyways thanks for the help SOULphire :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom