Unlock PHENOM II x2 555 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta member
hello,

can you help me unlock my amd phenom II X2 555BE with MSI 785gtm e45 MoBo? i've tried to unlock the cores using its cpu unlocking features but i guess it's not working? any suggestions. thanks!

Re: Unlocking PHENOM II x2 555 to 4 cores on stock cooler ---- SAFE TEMPS?

If you have tried unlocking the cores in the BIOS and it didn't work then your chip does not have any extra working cores. While that is uncommon it is not unknown.

Re: Unlocking PHENOM II x2 555 to 4 cores on stock cooler ---- SAFE TEMPS?

While that is uncommon it is not unknown. - what do you mean by this Sir Trotter? Anyways, i can unlock the 2 cores but that problem is it doesn't show that "Starting Windows" while Windows & is loading and it doesn't push trough to the main desktop. maybe there is something that we can do about this concern. any words of luck that may help me with this problem. thanks

Sooooo... are the other two cores unlocking or not? The first post says no, but now you say yes. I am a bit confused.

My wife's computer is running an Athlon II x3 that unlocked the fourth core and now shows up as a Phenom II x4 B35, but not in every program. BIOS sees it like this, as does Belarc Advisor, but not some others. Is this what you are talking about?

If it won't boot when you unlock the cores then it is not stable. Unstable means unusable unfortunately.

it shows Phenom II X4 B55 when it loads at the start up screen but it doesn't continue loading to the main desktop. it hangs.

If you mean start up screen as the post....
Like Trotter said if you hang or freeze or BSOD with your cores unlocked than one or both are bad and will not be stable.

In short. I'm sorry but you're SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom