"Fanbus" PC fan and LED case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
A while ago I posted a thread about making a set of PC fan controllers and LED controllers that would connect with a digital interface (the "fan bus") for computer control. This came from my original project RGB Fan Controller which was a fan controller with 4 color changing LED lights.

I finally figured out an easy way to connect multiple devices to one serial port and made a minimized version of my original PCB that should be able to attach directly on the side of a 120mm fan. I plan on printing and building the boards this weekend and then installing them in my Antec 900 case (changing the two front fans and the side fan). The fans I plan to modify are Rosewill white LED fans, one has a burned out LED (LED's were pretty cheap quality anyways but the fans are nice).

I also wrote a Processing script that flashes the LED's to music, it works with my original fan controller which is mounted on the side panel:

Once it's done I'll post a video and the board/code files.

I got the front fans installed today after finishing two boards. I removed my side fan and the old controller (I'm putting it back in my server where it was originally). I need a few more parts to finish the third board but I have another fan that will go in the side panel so that all 3 fans have color changing LED's. I also put an air filter pad behind both fans to block dust, it also creates a cool glowing effect with the lights (wasn't intentional but looks great).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom