build a bluetooth dongle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindnumbinglyfun

Solid State Member
ive ordered my dongle but i am impatient and like to tinker. i also dont know a whole **** of a lot about this subject.. so im requesting help..

i ripped this out of an ipod touch and want to make it into a usb bluetooth adapter..

i have all original ipod touch parts, which i assume may come in handy.

anyone up for explaining how the **** to do this? i do have some know-how but i need to know where to start.

i dont really know how to answer that. i could say i havent been to school for it, or taken classes. but i mess around with electronics and circuits now and then. i follow instructions very well and can improvise like crazy.

Right, well this will be a pretty full on project. You'll need to look up the full data sheet for the chip, solder up the correct pins, provide the correct power input, and you'll need to be able to code too. TBH if you haven't done something like this before, you'd be better off starting with something a little simpler

ooo, coding is for sure something i know i cant do yet..

i would like learn more though. maybe finish this project some day. could you point me somewhere that might help me with my quest for knowledge? :)

I'd suggest starting by learning a programming language you can use to write applications with. For example C# or C++
Also, get some experience with microcontrollers. PICs, an Arduino, etc. Build something that communicates over something easy like a Serial port or (slightly harder) USB port. Just any old project. A wireless alarm clock synced to your pc, a remote control, a light display, anything. Then you'll be more ready to dive into interfacing a chip with your pc

thank you :)

when searching for that full datasheet i came across a post on a message board which said "You need to be a registered OEM, licensed with Broadcom (and have signed an NDA) to get access to that datasheet. In other words, you need to be Apple."

so it seems i might be out of luck with this anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom