best mobo for phenom II x4 965

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbhover

Solid State Member
Hello, I'm buying and phenom II x4 965 and am wondering what would be a good motherboard to buy to get the most out of the processor and that doesn't cost a fortune. I'm looking for something with a am3 socket and 4 slots for ddr3 ram.

Any of these combo kits from newegg seem good??? Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

I'm also planning on getting a graphics card for it so any suggestions on a good(and afordable) graphics card would be great also. If I have to I could wait on getting a graphics card and get by with the onboard graphics for a while until I got some more money gathered up.

I'll be doing some 3d modeling with an older program on it, maybe a little cad work, some photo editing, a tad bit of video editing (I'm a webmaster for a few sites), etc....

Thanks for the help guys........... and have a good night!

I was thinking around $150 if thats possible, if I could get something that would be much better for more I could wait for a couple months and use the on board graphics in the mean time.

What do you think about the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, I was just thinking about spending the extra $50 to get a bit better mobo, and upgrade with a graphics card in a few months, or maybe put some of the money I'd be saving not getting a graphics towards a new LCD monitor........

Thanks again for the help guys!!!

Thanks abstract, before I worry about a graphics card I'm trying to decide on a mother board. Right now I'm thinking either the asus m4a88t-v evo/usb3 or asus m4a89gtd pro/usb3. Any one have any opinions on either or other ideas???

I was kind of leaning towards m4a89gtd because it will support the 6 core processors if I ever want to upgrade, plus the mobo just seemed to be a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom