UV Casemod

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
So Ive decided to change up from my previous case style with a tinted window to a UV Setup. The pictures show my old setup aswell as the renovation in progress as of right now.
So far ive taken my now discountinued logisys cold cathode fixture that i found quite unique and created a nice effect on my tined window - it is a 12" cold cathode bulb that appears as if there is electricity flowing through it, similar to the clear globes that will attract electricity to the touch of your fingers. This created a blue flame effect at the bottom of the tinted glass.

Ive now taken that tinted piece of acrylic out, order new acrylic to replace the window with aswell as UV cold cathodes, UV reactive fans, and some uv cables. The motherboard has UV reactive plastic, its a bit hard to see on the phone pictures, but its a mix of orange and green. The case is in serious need of new fans - old fans are getting quite noisey, the ones unplugged it was so loud.

Ive also taken into consideration painting the drive bays that are visible through the window with either some color of UV paint, or black. I wanted to hear some opinion.

My order from frozencpu should hopefully be here by the end of the week so I will have pics up as soon as its complete.

Attachments

• Image11042010210120.jpg
    Image11042010210120.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Image01102011012708.jpg
    Image01102011012708.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 283
The original setup was a really cool look, but i really wanted to see the insides, especially cause i bought the motherboard with its uv reactivity in mind back and the day and never got to doing UV

And yes its clear acrylic

Ya thats them, the phone pic doesnt do them any justice, the are very nice looking. Ill get some nice high res pics up when its complete - have to steal my roomates camera for a session.

Well everything came in today, Ive put in everything but the acrylic window which needs to be cut and drilled. My one disappointment is that the fan on the xigamatek rifle was advertised as red and its clearly pink - It still looks pretty sexy tho. I spent alot of time on even more wire management and there is barely any wires showing except for the 24pin mobo connector since the plug is on the left side of the board and the fact that im still running some IDE devices -.-

High res pics soon, sorry more phone pics.

Attachments

• UV ftw.jpg
    UV ftw.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 263
I have cut and put the acrylic in now, and got a camera to take some decent pics for everyone

I am making another order, Im am going to swap the UV purple IDE cable and buy a green one and blue UV sleeving for my wires.
Cleaner wire management ftw

Attachments

• S4010014.jpg
    S4010014.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 234
Picked up some frozen cpu Ez-sleeve for my wires - Cleaned it up well!
Bought another fan which i placed in my drive bay blowing on my ram.
Moved the UV cathode from the back of the case to under the psu - into the drivebay to promote stronger UV lighting throughout the case. I dont know how i feel about it being there though, it looks crowded, but there is no other position to place it to provide UV light to the top of the case. (The other UV cathode sits on the side panel right above the two intake fans)

Nice night time pic

Attachments

• 168712_495423866597_709606597_5931440_1437476_n.jpg
    168712_495423866597_709606597_5931440_1437476_n.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 216
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom