Toshiba NB205 screen problem! Please Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandMasterMack

Beta member
First let me start off by saying I am new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this thread, if it is not please point me in the right direction.

I have had my Toshiba NB205 for about 6 months now, no problems. This morning when I woke up I went to turn it on and it shows the power light, battery light and hard drive light but the screen did NOTHING. When I say nothing I mean it did not turn on, did not show boot logo or anything. It acted like it had never been turned on in the first place. I then plugged it into the charger and still nothing... Please help me if you have any ideas feel free to share.

If you have any questions also feel free to ask. Thanks, Mack.

Welcome to TF, Mack! :D

First thing I would try, get a flashlight. Shine it on the screen, at a 45* angle, if you can see your Windows desktop, or anything, your backlight is burned out.

As you said you had it for 6 months, it is still under warranty. You can send it into Toshiba for an RMA. You pay the shipping to them, they fix whatever is wrong, they send a fixed/new product to you. This is free, otherwise.

Make sure you backup your files, though. Can't guarantee your going to get the same system back, files untouched.

Thank you very much, that's what I'll do. Concerning the burnt back-light I don't think that is the case because otherwise it would display fine when I hook it up to a monitor, which it does not.

Could be a busted GFX, but call up Toshiba, see if they know anything. The most you'll have to do, is send it for RMA.

You don't want to fiddle inside the case while still under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom