New build. Help a noob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are both those compatable with what I'll be running? And would it be possible to get two sets(2x2gb, 4 total) of the OCZ gold?

Yes they are both memory brands will do back flips on your new system when you install it!
The only difference beteween kingston and oc'z gold is speed difference but you won' noticed that directly in windows 7 or a linux based x86 or x64 system. ;)

To be perfectly honest if your solely going to put that system to 80% of gaming use, get the oc'z gold.
Otherwise stick with kingston 4gb at 47.99 as it will handle most of everything including folding and handle x64bit quite well.
If you are using any high demand applications for a job such as mechanic, doctor, chemist, or programmer of any sorts you would want to up your ram a little more to 6gb's when need be. ;)

After a solid search session, I think I've found my final plan. I've decided to go with Patriot Viper Xtreme (2x2gb) over the OCZ's. The viper's run at 1866mhz over the OCZ's which run at 1600. I know it won't make a huge difference, but every bit helps.

Apevia X-Plorer2 case. Come with 450w psu

ASUS p8P67 Pro, 6gb/s

Intel Core i7-2600k

Patriot Viper Xtreme 2x2gb, 1866mhz

Sony Optiarc CD/DVD burner

Lite-On Blue-ray disc combo

ASUS ENGTX-470 (FERMI) 128-mb, 320bit

Creative sound blaster X-Fi titanium, 7.1 chnl, 24bit)

Western Digital Caviar, black, 1tb, 6.0gb/s

Noctua NH-u12 cooler

This all comes up to $1284.90 on newegg, which is under my budget(sweet). Any final thoughts? And once again, I appreciate all the help and advice you guys gave.

No more words from me, it's your system. :) enjoy and let us know if something won't boot.
Stuff does happen with new computers so beware of that.....

I got everything together yesterday, minus the hardrive. My dad gave me his old 1tb hardrive to save the trouble of all the software and such, but I'm having a problem. When i turn it on, it says; "PXE-E61:Media test failure, PXE-M0F:exiting intel boot agent. No bootable device -- insert bott disc and press any key". My dad also gave me a recovery disc, but nothing happens when I put it in and "press any key". What should I do?

Well if you don't have the OS installed the computer won't boot... Regarding the recovery disk have you checked the boot priority on bios?

Well the hardrive has been use before, so I assumed it had and OS installed. And how would I access the bios settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom