Will not post. Have done everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that... was making dinner while replying to the post hehe

No, I left the old paste on. I haven't been having any heat issues with the old stuff that was on. Should I be reapplying paste every time that I remove the heatsink?

It's never a bad idea to re-apply the paste, but it's not always necessary.

It sounds like either a component is grounding out on the case somewhere, maybe a misplaced mobo stand-off. Located under the mobo and threaded for the mobo screws.

Either that or your power supply or motherboard are bad.

I would remove all the parts from the case and then assemble them on your table, out of the case, just to see if something is grounding out.

I'll do that, you may be right about the grounding issues but I've never had a problem with my power supply though.

After I piece it together I'll post back and let you know what happened.

Thank you by the way for the quick replies. :)

So I set it up outside of the case and I'm still getting the same result. Not posting. No beep codes. I've come to the conclusion that it is certainly my mobo/cpu...

Did you remove the cpu from the socket? You might of accidently bent a pin, or some dust might have gotten in the socket (or some other foreign object).

Out of the two, mobo or cpu, your mobo is the most likely part to go bad.

At one point I had bent a pin by mistake but it was such a small bend that I bent it back in place with the smallest flat mini-screw driver that I had, fits fine now.

On another note... I lucked out! My gf happened to have her old PC still, so as of now I'm using her tower/mobo/cpu and loaded it all with my PC's hardware, booted and everything is looking good for now. Will have to deal with a 2.4GHz cpu for now =\ but on the plus side this gives me something to use until I get along with my new build, deff be posting it here once it's all pieced together.

I wish I could have given you better news Slaymate, you were a big help and I'm pretty impressed that a mod decided to help a brand new poster. I know you guys probably get these kind of threads all the time, but I know that most of the ones who put up No Post threads don't actually go down the list before posting on a site.

Again, thanks for the help and best wishes for the year. I'll definitely be hanging out around here to help who I can... trouble shooting Booting issues is just really not my strong suite.

Ok... so it looks like I spoke too soon. After the first boot everything was fine until I went to update my drivers. Now when I even try to boot into safe mode I'm receiving a stop error, even after trying to boot off of my boot disk.

Stop error: Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x88B2035B5, 0x87C089B0, 0x87C086AC)

The mobo I'm having to use is a Biostar P4M900-M4

Again, my booting knowledge isn't good enough to figure out how to get it going.

Edit: Now getting 0x024 and 0x08E errors... wow my pc is messed up. -sigh-

Ok... so it looks like I spoke too soon. After the first boot everything was fine until I went to update my drivers. Now when I even try to boot into safe mode I'm receiving a stop error, even after trying to boot off of my boot disk.

Stop error: Stop: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x88B2035B5, 0x87C089B0, 0x87C086AC)

The mobo I'm having to use is a Biostar P4M900-M4

Again, my booting knowledge isn't good enough to figure out how to get it going.

Edit: Now getting 0x024 and 0x08E errors... wow my pc is messed up. -sigh-

We need to know more about the stop error, Here is a useful link about Stop Errors.
Also, this is a different issue, it's best to post this in a new thread.

Once I get home from work I'll poke around the foum a bit to see if anyone else has had the same issue.. it seems to be getting worse, to the point where the data on my HDD is getting pretty corrupted.

Thanks for the link, reading it right now.. I'll make sure to write down all the complete stop codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom