Problem with monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

batman94

Beta member
I am having a new problem, I disconnected a VGA cable from a Windows 7 computer to use on an XP computer, when I connected the VGA cable back to the Windows 7 computer it wouldn't recognize it. I did connect a DVI cable to the Windows 7 computer temporarily, now I have to use the DVI cable from my XP computer to use the Windows 7 computer. I need to know how to get the Windows 7 computer to recognize the VGA cable again. I know the cable is good it worked fine before disconnecting. I wanted to use it to connect the XP computer to my TV but it didn't work. I am tech savvy, but this is throwing me off. The Windows 7 computer stats are 7 Home 64 bit, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5570 graphics card. I have been searching for the answer for hours to no avail, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Batman94

Monitor cables are not "hot swappable". Did you power off before disconnecting and connecting? Did you reboot after reconnecting?
I know the cable is good it worked fine before disconnecting.
Have you inspected the cable for bent pins? Did you try it again on the 2nd monitor?

Yes I tried changing the monitor to VGA, and I rebooted the machines. I am assuming I am just gonna have to buy another DVI cable, which I didnt want to do. But unless I can figure out why the machines are not recognizing the VGA cable I cant get a picture on my TV screen. Any more help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom