Best gaming laptop with a budget of $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the specs are good on that MSI but the reviews are not good. Only a few reviews , but some of them are harsh.

i just grabbed an m11x today and so far im very impressed. mind you i payed 599 for the base model, i work at best buy and we had an open box that i got a sick deal on. anyway its sweet the cpu is a litle slow, i have it at standard clocks and so far its doing really well even at 1.3ghz. the main feature is obviously the gt335m wich i have cataclysm maxed out on ultra on a 1080p 22 inch lcd running at 30 fps average. ive been playing wow now for 2 and a half hours on battery power and still have 44% power left as i post this. At your price range the m11x is a good option, especialy when you consider its performence and battery life. the asus g72 is a much more powerfull laptop tho and will handle just about any game out there as well. for me i chose this for the size and battery life, all i care about playing is wow and css, and finaly sc2. go for the asus if your cool with the size of it. if yopu want something small that will kick *** the m11x is the best route to go you pay for alot more then just the alienware name on this thing.

DO NOT BUY AN M11x R2 FOR BAD COMPANY 2!

I apologize for the capitals but I bought an M11x R2 a couple of months ago for school/gaming/wanted a high-end small laptop. I own Bad Company 2 and this game does not work well with this laptop's Optimus technology as of now. Punkbuster, I don't know if your familiar with it; Is the games anti-hack protection. It see's both the integrated and dedicated graphics cards on the system and kicks you out of every game after about a few minutes giving you this error: "Multiple Direct3d Loaded." Google it for more information.

So basically your options (because i've explored them myself) are to roll back the Nvidia GT 335m's drivers which will decrease performance overall but will allow you to not get kicked. This was not an option for me so I uninstalled the game and got over it.

Best of luck in your laptop purchase!

DO NOT BUY AN M11x R2 FOR BAD COMPANY 2!

I apologize for the capitals but I bought an M11x R2 a couple of months ago for school/gaming/wanted a high-end small laptop. I own Bad Company 2 and this game does not work well with this laptop's Optimus technology as of now. Punkbuster, I don't know if your familiar with it; Is the games anti-hack protection. It see's both the integrated and dedicated graphics cards on the system and kicks you out of every game after about a few minutes giving you this error: "Multiple Direct3d Loaded." Google it for more information.

So basically your options (because i've explored them myself) are to roll back the Nvidia GT 335m's drivers which will decrease performance overall but will allow you to not get kicked. This was not an option for me so I uninstalled the game and got over it.

Best of luck in your laptop purchase!

ive never had this issue on bad company2 on my laptop... i have the m11x r1 with the cpu oced and . i looked up a way to config the game and between medium and high setting on dx10 at native rez i get about 30/40 fps. you must be doing something wrong... plus the m11x doesnt use optimus btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom