Dell studio one 1909

Status
Not open for further replies.

techuser3344

Baseband Member
Hello, I have a studio one 1909 desktop with the tag of 59kbvh1 and when the power button is pressed there are no beeps, I can hear the fans running , and i can hear the a cd spinning. I believe that the lcd (non touch) screen or the inverter have been damaged, because its obvious that the computer has taken a fall before (external plastic cracking as well as a wobbly stand. I also have concerns that the graphics card is damaged although their are no signs of any damage to any of the chips, but i know how delicate they are. Their is no port for an external monitor and i'm just curious what others think.

(the power button lights as normal as well as the soft touch cd ejection button, but their is a cd in the drive and it will not release it. the lcd does not light up nor do i know how far it gets in post)
I have contacted dell on two separate occasions and they have told me that they do not offer replacement screens for this model (which should be illegal) and im curious if I have any other options.

Thank you in advance, any comment or advise is much appreciated.

Can you use a different monitor to test if the GPU is infact faulty? Are you sure the board has a speaker in it? It should beep once if it clears POST/BIOS. You should really get a diagnostic card. It has saved me many times when i had no LCD contact.

This or similar: PC Motherboard Repair Diagnostic PCI Card - eBay (item 120585169268 end time Jul-18-10 02:40:29 PDT)

It could be many a things. Try taking out everything, and use the essentials. PSU (board and cpu, of course), one stick of RAM and GPU if available (use another if possible). See if anything changes.

the dell studio one does not have an external or internal port for monitor, There are no beeps but the hard drive does spin and it does seem to be accessing it. there are no PCI slots on this model. the mem chip is good, and the motherboard does beep when there are no memory modules inserted.

Update: it is a touch screen.
any help is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom