ive finally bought a new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
after all this time asking you guys questions and debating to myself ive bought a new pc well im building one:

Intel Core i7-2600 3.40GHz (Sandybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor

Gigabyte P67A-UD3 Intel P67 Chipset (Socket 1155)

GeIL 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz VALUE PLUS Dual Channel

but i dont know if i should have bought the amd phenom II 1100T as is six core vs the quad intel as i want it to last me a long time ie playing games etc etc

i think the majority of the people here would have suggested that you buy the k series i7 for just a bit more money, i7 2600k because you can actually OC it. anything without a k, you're pretty much stuck at stock speeds.

and no, you shouldn't swap it for an 1100t just because it has more cores. the i7 will be faster in gaming pretty much across the board, it matches and surpasses the 980x half the time too.

but what bout for future proof as i want this cpu to last me a long time, you think the 1100t will last longer for games?

No. You should be good to go with the Sandy for a while. Where did you find it and the mobo for sale? I can't find them anywhere.

I'm in the USA and not in a position to buy right now since I just upgraded a few months ago. They will be on NewEgg shortly then.

Are there really any games besides gta IV that can even make good use of a standard i7? What is the incentive? And I'm pretty sure that 965 you got there is good for everything too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom