MSi C45-770 cannot boot pass 3gbs of ram of DDR3 1066 and 1333

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Like the titie says, I have one small low profile DDR3 1333 ram the others are normal sized.
One is is 1333 and one is at 1066, all three of them are kingston ram.

Problem: the mobo doesn't like being accompanied one low profile 1333 and a normal size 1333 ram.
No matter what slot I put them in, it's like playing musical chairs and nobody is a winner.
I checked my mobo's memory settings and I need to find a balanced speed to set them at so all 3 can be recognized and I could bootup.
However my system has a mind of it's own and defaults to a speed it wants ?

Any idea how I can fix this problem ?

I tried exactly what you said last night muffin but my system turns on and the keyboard scroll lock and caps lock icon is flashing.
My aerocool 140mm front fan light is blinking with it telling me there is a problem.
Here is my ram setup

Black slot 1: low profile DDR3 1333 GB
Black slot2: empty
Blue slot: 1 normal DDR3 1066 GB
Blue slot: 2: empty

If I put that new 1333 ram in either slot something is not going to boot, mguire told me take out the 1066 ram and lower everything to it's lowest speed and try to get the timings right and voltages correct.
Currently I can't do that right now as I am dealing with a USPS post office problem and a neighbor.

If you think this would work let me know.

Muffin if your reading this, I think mobo's memory slots are starting to die.
It's not the rams fault, currently I will have to deal with 2gb of ram for now. :(
If I can I will look for a new MSI mobo in the middle of feburary if nothing else goes wrong this month. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom