Is it hard to install the following hardware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecca Ecca

Solid State Member
I really never installed anything in a computer besides ram and a floppy drive. I was wondering if it would be hard for me to install the following:
*More Fans
*A Different Power Supply
*A New HardDrive

Ok, if you are wondering why I need/might need to install the following it is because I think my hard drive is dying. This is my 3rd hard drive in about roughly a year. The first two suffered from random crashes and boot up problems until they were no longer able to boot up. This current HardDrive is now starting to get 'corrupt data' messages and random flashes of a blue screen as it crashes and reboots itself. Members of another forum told me that this could be due to a cheap power supply and/or a hot temp. inside the pc. If this hard drive dies I am not going to get another one because I have no money. So I need to try to correct the problem now, although it may be too late. So I was thinking of installing more fans to keep the temperature down and if that did not work then I could install a new power supply. I have 3 other computers that are old and I could remove the powersupply/fans from if needed.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will try my best to answer them

hard disk is extremely easy. just plug in your new hdd into the exact same plugs as your old one, psu is slightly harder but its the same principle, just plug the psu into the same plugs as your old one. Extra fans are the easiest but just make sure there is plugs on your mobo, or has enough molex plugs.

Adding additional fans and accessories is NOT a very hard thing to do. What you need to take into consideration is the power consumption the added devices will need. For example, if you have a 200 Watt power supply and you start to add devices such as extra hard drives or a few extra fans, you will start to notice weird behavior on that PC. Power is a big factor when addring components to your PC.

But go right ahead and give things a try, you will find your experience educational and fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom