Can't figure out what's dying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a link to the NewEgg product I purchased a few years back

you forgot to actually post the link.

HWMonitor appears to be mislabeling a few of your voltages, but it appears that your 5v lines are low as well as the 3.3v line.

A higher "wattage" power supply would be a good idea, but more important still is getting a well-made, High-Quality Power Supply.

This has free shipping and it's only $59.99 after a rebate.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Yeah here's the actual link: Newegg.com - COOLMAX CA-400 400W ATX v2.01 Power Supply
I'll look into that power supply you suggested for me, thanks!

Now, the second part of my problem is that the computer simply won't boot when it's standing upright. I press the power button, and it powers up, but nothing, no display, no beeps, nada. If the computer is on its side, motherboard facing up, starts right up no issue, and once Windows is running, if I stand it upright, freezes up within moments. I just replaced the hard drive 2 weeks back, thinking that was the issue, it's not. New SATA cables too. Reseated the RAM many times. Any idears?

Thanks in advance!

Try running your machine with the case open to monitor all fan activity to make sure they are running properly. Also check to see if any cables are getting stuck in fans. I've seen a few cases working at a computer repair shop that sometimes the fans dont break, but actually run backwards and do nothing for cooling.

I checked the fans and wires, nothing seems to be out of place or malfunctioning. I did notice that when I turned the computer up right, windows froze, then the system randomly restarted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom