Help me build a no-price-limit watercooling system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From looking at the picture, it would seem to me that all the extra bulk on the threads end is just the threads, and the ID would still be 1/4". Back to the car analogy, my exhaust tips are 4.5" wide, but the pipes themselves are only 2.5" wide, as there is an inch of surrounding metal that is basically just for looks; it would seem like the threads are similar to the for looks part.

I'll look at them when they get here... I've got some calipers, so I'll measure both ends and see what's up. If the ID on the thread end is larger than the other end, I'll just return them and get bigger ones.

Fair enough, but I'll tell you right now that IS going to be the case.

I have only been messing around with this stuff for the last 6 years...

This 90 degree G1/4 to 1/4" barb should illustrate better.
Primochill G 1/4" Threaded Elbow Barb - 1/4" ID - UV Red - FrozenCPU.com

And as a direct comparison between a Bitspower 1/4" and a Bitspower 1/2"

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/i...rome_G14_Barb_Fitting_-_14_ID_BP-WTP-C12.html
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/i...r_Black_Sparkle_G14_Barb_Fitting_-_12_ID.html

Note the opening hole size difference. The threads are identical between the two of them.

NOW I see what you're talking about... d'oh!

Ok, so I need to reconsider what size I'm using; do you know what the actual ID of a standard G1/4 is? Because, unless those pictures are misleading, it's not 1/4".

****, now I have to figure out what fits through the holes in my case... I'm not drilling anything, so the 3/8" OD would have been perfect.

NOW I see what you're talking about... d'oh!

Ok, so I need to reconsider what size I'm using; do you know what the actual ID of a standard G1/4 is? Because, unless those pictures are misleading, it's not 1/4".

****, now I have to figure out what fits through the holes in my case... I'm not drilling anything, so the 3/8" OD would have been perfect.

Well the G1/4 refers not to the size of the hole, but to the size and spacing of the threading. Unfortunately I don't have any extra fittings kicking around so I can't give you an exact measurement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom