The page cannot be displayed .. IE .. help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koala

Solid State Member
I have exhausted any idea that I had .. I sure would likechanging someone else's help, please.

I like IE and I have no plan of changing .. I just want it working properly.

When I open IE (home page is blank) and try to surf .. every page will load in "The page cannot be displayed. I can click a link in an email and get the same results.

Please someone help me.

Thanks

Are u using ADSL/Cable?
An ethernet modem or USB modem.
A router? (ethernet or USB)

I would run the LAN connection wizrard and discoinnect ur router for a few minutes (unpower it)

or try to reset ur modem.

It could also be a virus or spyware/ check for them with programs like norton, ad-aware, spysweeper

When I said I have exhausted my ideas .. I truly meant it.

I am running DSL ... I have used more virus/spyware scanners that you have fingers ..

Right now I need someone that has had the similiar problem and please share their solution with me.

Thank you for your thoughts.

I'm sorry .. I forgot to mention that.

Yahoo messenger is working fine.

I am receiving mail in Outlook Express.

In other words I am online .. but IE will not surf or load any page.

I'm only using the firewall on my router .. I don't believe that is the problem.

Did u change anything on ur routere lately? I would disable the routers firewall (temporarely) to see if it helps.

I wouldn't have the slightess idea how to disable the router firewall .. I was told it is built in to the router.t

Haven't made any changes .. but let me tell you what has happened.

I was surfing the web .. checking sites like I have always done ... the computer made three beeps in a row, my page disappeared that I was working on .. incredifind appeared and said the page was not available .. and I was never able to get another page to load afterwards.

I have removed all traces of any spyware and I have run several scanners of different programs for viruses and spyware and have cleaned my computer of all temp int. files and cookies. I even removed all entrys made in my registry.

There has to be another solution, but I can't find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom