Computer turned off and won't turn back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a slot is faulty, you can sometimes get away with it. Depends if you need to use all the slots or not. E.g. my board has six slots, I only use 3 (3x2GB sticks). So if any of the 3 that I'm not using are faulty, doesn't really matter. I mean yeah it sucks, and if your mobo is under warranty then def replace it, but I'd say it's ok to still run it.

Well, one time when I loaded up my system it it did this hard drive check thing, and I haven't gotten BSOD since, so I might be ok. But I'm still pretty convinced my sound card is on its way out.

Just another thought guys, I recently had the same problem with my pc not booting or freezing on start up or powering up but nothing happening on the screen. Left the PC alone for a few days and then it would come on for a bit and then die again, tried new RAM's but no luck, tried new PSU ands still no luck. Eventually found the problem: My GFX card had failed on me. Had a friend use his GFX to load my PC on so we could set the integrated card until I got a new GFX card. Have you had any luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom