Mouse going spastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummo.nz

Solid State Member
I bought my computer a year ago and didn't like the wireless optical mouse that came with it so I plugged in my old trackball and have been using that instead. No problems for eleven months and now the mouse throws a fit every fifteen minutes or so. It flies all over the screen clicking all over the place. Sometimes I then can't click on any of the desktop icons. :eek:

AVG and AntiVir can't find any virus, also Spybot and Ad-adware cannot find any spyjunk.

Doing some googling I came across this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321122

I wasn't sure if having two mice installed would be the problem seeing as how they have gotten on together so well for so long, but I followed through the article as best I could and removed my wireless optical mouse. I can't physically unplug the mouse because I also have a wireless keyboard, and when I reboot Windows just reinstalls the mouse. :confused: Any ideas how I can avoid this?

I first noticed the problem when I was playing Doom 3. It was near the end of Doom 3 the second time around so I do not think Doom is to blame.

I tried to update my mouse drivers but I don't really know exactly what the mice are. Going thru device manager and clicking update driver does not find anything. The paper computer specs are no help, but according to windows they are: PS/2 Compatible Mouse and HID Compliant mouse. Also I can read off the s/n and some other junk for the (dell) wireless mouse:
s/n: LZC33705410
m/n: M-RAC67B
p/n: 851910-0000
DP/N: 0T0179
FCC ID: JNZ211651

And for the (Microsoft) 'Mouse Port Compatible Mouse 2.2A'
PN X04-72174
Product ID 52463-OEM-

I've tried to google drivers but without any luck. I usually end up looking at a page filled with dozens of mice which don't look exactly like mine but some look fairly similar....

If anyone can give me any suggestions I might try to solve my problem, I want to keep using my trackball, I'd be gratefull, thanks.

By the way, I'm using WinXP Home SP2.

Make sure its plugged in all the way.Turn off the computer flip the mouse over and remove the trackball seat and ball.Clean the track rails.You`ll probably see some lint build up on both rails.
That may be the problem..

Thanks for replying.

I unplugged the mouse and put it back in, making sure it's fitted in snuggly, but it is still doing it.

I always keep the inside clean, have to do that fairly regularly.

if theres no special functions, or extra buttons on your mouse that need to be enabled, u prolly dont need to download any drivers.

ps/2 mice, are connected with that round green cable thingy.

HID mice are connected via USB.

if u suspect is conflicting, just go to Device manager, on the top go to... /view/hidden divices/... then expand mouse tab, and disable HID, if your using PS/2, or vise versa.

if the original wireless mouse u had came with its own setup and driver disk, u might beable to find them in /controle panel/add remove progs... my usb mouse needed its own driver to enable extra buttons, and i can see it in 'add remove progs' , it shows up for me as 'Mouse suite'

apokalipse said:
wireless mice need a plug with a transmitter/reciever to work, have you unplugged this?

No I haven't because my wirless keyboard uses the same transmitter/reciever.

if u suspect is conflicting, just go to Device manager, on the top go to... /view/hidden divices/... then expand mouse tab, and disable HID, if your using PS/2, or vise versa.

I've disabled the HID mouse but unfortunately it keeps doing it.

I do not have any mouse progs under add/remove progs.

The batteries are out of the mouse, but I decided to un-install the ps/2 just to see if the problem persisted and it went away.

However as I can't stand the HID mouse, its scrolling is too inconsistent, I had to re-install it. The thing is...the problem has stayed away! It was doing it very regularly beforehand and now it's been fine for a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom