Upgrading computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

webby93

Baseband Member
I am thinking about upgrading my computer as I can play all games but not at the highest quality.
The parts I currently have:
Motherboard - EVGA 680i sli
CPU - Intel q6600 2.4GHz
Graphics - ATI radeon hd 2900 xtx
Memory - 4 x 1gb corsair twin2x ddr2
Case - Kandalf lcs
PSU - Thermaltake toughpower 850 watt

I don't think I need to upgrade my case or power supply.
I have a budget of about £300. And about £600 if I wait another month.
Many thanks in advance
James

Oopsy, should have said. I already have watercooling on my cpu and I have got it currently at 3.00 GHz and still increasing when I can be bothered to do it. I was wondering if it would just be better to buy like a mobo, cpu, ram and graphics kind of bundle thing. If you can get them haha.
Many thanks again and that is a good looking graphics card and I will keep it in mind, thanks Muffin Man :D

I'll agree with Muff. Your cpu and ram are good enough for now. I would throw the upgrade money into a high end video card if you game frequently, otherwise an i7 950 with a nice motherboard and some DDR3 ram will be helpful.

Oopsy, should have said. I already have watercooling on my cpu and I have got it currently at 3.00 GHz and still increasing when I can be bothered to do it. I was wondering if it would just be better to buy like a mobo, cpu, ram and graphics kind of bundle thing. If you can get them haha.
Many thanks again and that is a good looking graphics card and I will keep it in mind, thanks Muffin Man :D

ok, i thought you were running it @ stock.

well, if you can be bothered to wait another month to upgrade, you'd have enough for both a cpu/mobo/ram upgrade and a nice gfx card upgrade.

if you really want to improve gaming first then obviously you want to upgrade the gfx card.

if you can live with it right now but still want to upgrade the rest of your rig, i'd say wait a couple days for the new i5 2500k/i7 2600k to be released before making up your mind.

ok, i thought you were running it @ stock.

well, if you can be bothered to wait another month to upgrade, you'd have enough for both a cpu/mobo/ram upgrade and a nice gfx card upgrade.

if you really want to improve gaming first then obviously you want to upgrade the gfx card.

if you can live with it right now but still want to upgrade the rest of your rig, i'd say wait a couple days for the new i5 2500k/i7 2600k to be released before making up your mind.

I think this is a great idea. I really am not bothered about waiting for anything so if there is any good upcoming products in the next few months I am happy to wait. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom