Possible OCZ Agility problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Press_Corpse

In Runtime
Hey folks,

I have received an OCZ Agility Indilinix based drive for Christmas ( OCZSSD2-1AGT60G) to be exact. I quick formatted it and installed XP onto the drive. The drive has firmware version 1.6 and I have disabled caching on the drive as well. Unfortunately I don't really feel any sort of difference using this than the previous 80gb 16mb cache drive before this. I ran AS SSD to get an idea on how the drive is reading and writing but I don't really know what to make of it.

Read Write
Seq 191 Mb/s 94 MB/s
4K 26 MB/s 6.25MB/s
4k-64Thrd 31MB/s 6.14MB/s
Acc time .147ms .538ms
Score 76 22

Is this average for this drive? Any sort of tweaks I may have missed that can make this feel snappier? I would hate to have to return this for a newer Agility2 or Vertex2 if I don't have to.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Post a AS-SSD screenshot please as it shows more information than you've posted, Screenshot Tutorial.

For XP you'll need to download and run this utility every couple of weeks.
http://www.ocztechnology.com/files/ssd_tools/OCZ_GC_3.rar

XP and Vista don't have the "TRIM" command, for those operating systems I recommend getting a SSD built around the SandForce controller (Agility 2). Otherwise you'll need to use the utility above.

Here's a guide to setting up a SSD.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f128/ssd-tweak-guide-236563/

Thanks Slay. I've run GC 3 and followed the tweak guide as well as I can (this is on an XP OS) and here is a screenshot of my AS SSD benchmark.

There anything else I can do? My guess is this is as quick as it gets for this computer. Thanks in advance.

The partition on your SSD isn't properly aligned. Did you format it using the XP installation disk? You also don't have ACHI enabled although it's possible your system doesn't support it. What motherboard are you using?

Okay guys, I managed to reinstall windows and upgraded to 7 while I was at it. I did the whole SSD tweak guide and ran the SSD tweaker to play it safe. Afterwords, I ran AS SSD again and the results were similar results. This computer is one that I acquired when my school was upgraded. (A dell Optiplex GX620). Currently running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit with 3gb of memory and this OCZ agility 60gb SSD. I do not believe I can have ACHI enabled through my bios. I searched through it and do not remember seeing ACHI anywhere, though it could be very well locked out because it is a Dell PC. I wouldn't have this problem if my main PC mobo didn't blow out on me. But I am making the best out of what I've got. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, again.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom