Custom Building a Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belmont52

Solid State Member
Hey all, i was wondering if it were possible to custom build a laptop. I know the desktop world is thriving with originality and custom configurations and i can't find anything on laptops. Also, what is the price range for these machines if they are possible and exist?

There are a few sites, (ibuypower, sager, xoticpc, etc...) that will let you configure a laptop to what you want; I think that is what your talking about. But for a custom build... those range only in what you can get from the company. (FYI, Alienware is nothing but a branding [hyped up] DeLL PC)

Now the price... that can range from 999.00 upwards to 4-5K depending on how you want it configured...

Thanks but i was talking about a custom build. as in, I buy the parts, I choose everything, and I put it together. I don't understand why (according to you) it would be so expensive to do when desktop builds are cheaper custom vs. Prebuilt.

You Can't. End of story. You can easily go to Dell, IBuyPower, and select what you want.

Laptops are not as lenient as desktops. If you get a motherboard, you have to find a case that EXACTLY fits it, graphic card as well. And so on all through the process.

You can't. Plain and simple.

Because laptops are an entirely different market. They don't want you messing with frail laptop parts. Plus it would be a h*** lot hard putting it together with 50 screws.

Just do an image search for laptop motherboards and you'll see what MindoverMaster and I are talking about. It simply can't be done as a custom setup.

Yeah i see what your talking about with current sizes and companies but, just like desktops did from rooms to ATX, i hope that in the future they develop a standardized system for laptop parts.

Yeah i see what your talking about with current sizes and companies but, just like desktops did from rooms to ATX, i hope that in the future they develop a standardized system for laptop parts.

Don't hold your breath. While I would also like to see this happen for the sake of making lappys easier to work on I don't expect to ever see it become a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom