Athlon 64 3Ghz. RETAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

$|!m

Baseband Member
hey, im havin trouble getting my computer to work, and i was wondering, when it is all set up correctly, is it worth overclockin the athlon 64 3ghz, i have a K8V SE deulx MoBo

i dont believe you should, if so be very careful, its already a powerful processor so its not like you really NEED that extra performance too awfully bad... but if you must then i suggest extreme caution. good luck. BTW if im not mistaken the faster processor in 64-bit is 2.6 ghz (the fx-55) is your processor rated 3000+? then it is not running at 3 ghz but at a lower speed...

i wish

lol, i wish
naa, its rated @ 3Ghz (i was just bein 2 lazy 2 write 3000+)
lol

Haven't you guys seen that thread a couple above us with an FX-55 at 3.8GHz!!! That must smoke...another guy posted and his pi program is all in japanese...lol damn those japanese! They do everything better than us!

Re: i wish

$|!m said:
lol, i wish
naa, its rated @ 3Ghz (i was just bein 2 lazy 2 write 3000+)
lol
Well, it's not rated 3ghz, it compares to a 3ghz intel chip. The 3000 is prolly rated like 2.4ghz or something along those lines. I don't know much about AMD, but I know that my AMD XP 2400 was rated 1.99ghz, but comparable to an Intel 2.4

Yes, your right... AMD names their processors to their Intel counterparts.

So your 3000+ isnt actually running at 3 ghz, its just comparable to an intel at 3 ghz.

For example... AMD's top of the line processor, the FX-55 runs at 2.6 ghz... which you might think is slow. However, the FX-55 can trash anything that Intel has out right now.

yeah the 3500+ 64 is what I just built for someone and that was 2.2GHz......my computer at 2.7GHz could outbench his in the SiSoftware Sandra CPU Benchmarks, BUT the benches are also based on a 32bit cpu and environment...once 64 becomes standard my chip will be crap :p But still yeah the 2.2GHz 64 chip outperformed like 3.4GHz Intels in some of the benchmarks as did my 2.7GHz beat even an 3.8GHz intel in the Dhrystone cpu benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom