USB Power Surges

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
I upgraded my PC because I was getting massive power surges to all my USB devices. For example, my speakers were "popping" really bad, keyboard light flickering, mouse disconnecting/reconnecting.

Now, with a brand new computer (not even 1yr old yet!) I'm starting to get the same crap kinda. My speakers are doing the same popping (it's random, and it's not the song). I noticed my keyboard do a quick flicker.

I'm starting to think, could this be my power supply? I don't feel like taking it out to replace it, or to test it. If it gets worse, I will just replace that.

Here is what PSU I have: Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

I hope it's not this PSU. Because if it is then I'm going to regret switching from my FSP Group PSU that's 6+ years old with no issues!

Any suggestions? I'm not doing anything "intense" right now, in fact all I have open is Firefox, Visual Studio 2010 (2 instances), SQL Management Studio 2010, Putty, Steam, and notepad.

Could have kicked the bucket due to age. If it isn't too expensive, but a new one. I have the same PSU. $30 off sale right now.

2 years old though? It hasn't done it since. I don't think its the motherboard though. My other computer did it too. My FSP Group was 5+ years old, 500 watts and it never gave me a single issue. I upgraded it to run SLI then decided to get a new computer =P

Actually it turns 1 year old on 1/28/2010. Wonder if I should switch PSU's and send it back. I thought it was older =|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom