onboard video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch

Baseband Member
Im going to be building a CPU for my brother sometime next week and I have some questions. First what are the pro's and cons to onboard video? Price is an issue in this build, so I will be using a P4 1.4 chip to start...but he wants to upgrade to a 2.8+ in the future. What would you reccommend for this build as far as a mobo?

DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT GET ONBOARD VIEO, its cheap and sucks, you can get a good video card for like $99, so DONT GET THE ONBOARD VIDEO.

I agree with HoWnDaWg.
Its best to buy a mobo without video and sound.
I am not sure, but as far as I know there are mobo's with onboard video and an AGP slot. So u can turn off the onboard card later and add an AGP card.

The thing is I dont think he wants to drop 100 bucks on a video card. This is not a gaming PC, just a basic websurfing PC.

Its best to buy a mobo without video and sound.
It's hard to find a mobo that doesn't have onboard sound these days...onboard video yeah it's easy to find without that, but a LOT just incoorperate the sound, which is fine because you really don't need a soundcard unless you do a lot of audio editing and things such of that nature.

true...almost all of them have onboard (too bad). But onboard soundcards usually make ur system a little slower and the sound quality is poor because of electrical interference.

Yeah I can hear through my headphones when I scroll a webpage using the mousewheel....but also I notice a lot of noises and squeeks and high pitched crap that my friends had never noticed before until I point it out to them inwhich it then forever bugs the hell out of em :p muahahaha....

But yeah this ABit board's onboad sound is actually really good. No slow down, no static in the sound, no sound fux ups because of gaming...my MSI Board however..I had to put in a soundcard because the sound eventually started cutting out and lagging during gaming...so it depends on the board but for the most part onboard sound isn't great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom